This is a super classic chicken from God’s own country ‘Kerala”…It is a wonderful combination of Boneless Chicken with spiced grated Coconut….cooked in an earthen ware or Manchatti…along with curryleaves,Red Chillies…and its slowly cooked in Coconut Oil giving that authentic Naadan ruchi(Local mouthwatering taste)…..
This is a regular visitor in our dining table not only because its very easy to make…but also because of its a hit in the taste chart of my family….And another great thing is that this can also be prepared with any left over chicken….How easy can that be….and the taste…oh my God…so awesome…makes others feel you have slaved your entire day in the kitchen…Now isnt that awesome 😉
This dish goes well with rice,chapathis,rotis,or even kerala parottas..So go ahead guys….try it out….and experience the naadan mouthwatering Taste….
- Cooked Boneless Chicken – 500 gms
- Chicken Stock – 2 tbsps
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp full.
- Shallots -6-8 sliced
- Dried Red Chillies – 3 or 4 broken into two.
- Garlic Crushed with skin -2 or 3 pods.
- Crushed black pepper – 1/2 tsp.
- Curry leaves- a fist full.
- Eggs – 3.
- Coconut Oil
- Salt to taste.
- Grated Coconut – 1 cup.
- Kashmiri Chilli powder – 2tsp.
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp.
- Garam masala powder -1 tsp.
- Green chilli – 1.
- Curry leaves -2 sprigs.
- Shred the cooked boneless Chicken into tiny bits and Keep aside.
- Now grind the ingredients under ‘ To Grind’ and Keep it aside.
- In a pan,Heat coconut oil and scramble the eggs to very tiny bits by continously mixing.Now keep it aside.
- In a Manchatti/Earthen ware,heat coconut oil and Mustard seeds,Dried Red Chillies,Sliced Shallots,Crushed Garlic and Curry leaves.
- Once the shallots are transparent,add the Ground coconut mix and Crushed Pepper and saute well for a minute.
- To this add the Shredded Chicken bits and mix well and add the chicken stock and cook for 2 minutes with Lid closed on low flame.
- After 2 minutes,increase the flame and saute till the stock evaporates.Now add the scrambled Eggs and combine evenly.
- Add Salt if necessary.
Transfer to a serving Dish and enjoy!!!
- The Coconut mixture should only be coarsely ground.
- If using Left over chicken,instead of chicken stock,you can use the left over gravy or simply water.But remember…Chicken stock is the best.
- Adding lots of Curry leaves increases the flavour of the dish.