My post today is a recipe of Chicken fried rice,I cooked this afternoon.On my visit to Chennai last year,I happened to dine in a restaurant and the king among the menu we ordered was Indo Chinese Chicken Fried Rice.I have had chicken fried rice from many restaurants,but none of them have given me a kick 😉 like this one..and luckily the chef happened to be one of my hubbys old friends.In a casual talk,I just asked him the secret behind the authentic taste and he revealed it.Unlike the usual way we prepare fried rice with left over rice,this recipe stands apart.Here the rice to be used in the fried rice is cooked in Chicken stock.Hence the yummylicious taste..So here goes the recipe.Do try it out!!!
- Basmati Rice – 3 cups.
- Boneless Chicken – 1/2 kg.
- Water -1 1/2 cups
- Salt to taste.
- Pepper Crushed – 1 1/2 tsp.
- Oil – 4tbsp
- Ginger Garlic paste- 1 1/2 tbsp.
- Chopped (Carrots,Beans,Cabbage) – All together should come to 1 cup.
- Soya sauce – 4 tbsp.
- Chilli sauce – 1 tbsp.
- Vinegar -1/2 tbsp
- Eggs – 3
- Cook the boneless chicken along with crushed pepper,salt and 1 1/2 cups of water.Now seperate the chicken from the stock.Keep the stock aside and shred the pieces of chicken and keep aside.
- In a pressure cooker cook the rice along with the obtained stock and water(both coming to about 6 cups together) for 3 whistles.When the pressure releases,open the lid and fluff the rice gently and keep aside to cool.
- In a wok/pan,heat 3 tbsp oil and add ginger garlic paste.Saute well and then add the chopped vegetables and 1/2 tbsp of vinegar and saute well for about 30 seconds.Now add Soya sauce and Chilli sauce and salt.
- To this add the shredded pieces of chicken and saute well.Now add the rice and mix gently but thoroughly so that it is mixed uniformly,but also taking care without breaking the rice.
- Meanwhile heat the remaining 1 tbsp of oil in a pan and scramble well 3 eggs with a little salt and pepper. Now add this to the rice mixture and mix well.Serve hot!!
- This Fried rice can be served all by itself without any side dish since its very tasty all by itself!