I was in a really sticky situation…It was evening 5 and we had unexpected guests coming over.You might think whats sooo unusual…with guests coming over right??!!The Problem was that I didnt have anything in my freezer..no meat ,no fish..nothing special to make..just a few couple of eggs in my fridge…It was then I remembered the creamy egg curry that my Punjabi neighbours used to prepare for me 2 years back in Tanzania when I was pregnant with my youngest kiddo 😉 I used to love the aroma of that curry,tingling all my senses, leaving me drooling.Punjabi dishes are always a delight…sooooo tasty…and more important than that…very easy to prepare compaired to South Indian Dishes.After I had got the recipe from them,I had prepared this creamy delight a zillion times.So I decided I would prepare this curry and thats what I did…and the compliments I got for it from my guests..I am really thankful to such wonderful people,my punjabi neighbours.This post is for you dears!!! Ingredients:
- Eggs – 6 (Hard boiled)
- Onions – 2 (medium Chopped)
- Tomato – 3 big ones(pureed)
- Cardamom – 4-5 (Crushed with skin)
- Garlic – 3-4 chopped.
- Ginger – 1 inch piece grated.
- Salt to taste
- Cream – 1/2 cup.
- Chilli powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Garam masala – 1 1/2 tsp.
- Dried Fenugreek leaves(Kasuri methi) – 1 tsp.
- Butter – 2tbsp
- Cilantro – 1 handful.
- Water – 1 cup.
- Peel the hard boiled eggs and make tiny cuts here and there(This is for the better penetration of the masala) and keep aside.
- Heat butter in pan and saute the crushed cardamom for a few seconds.
- To this add the ginger and garlic and saute well and then add the onions.Saute well and transfer this to a blender.Once cooled,blend it into a paste and transfer it back into the same pan.Now add the Chilli powder,Turmeric powdr,Coriander powder and Cumin powder.Saute well.
- To this add the pureed tomatoes and cook well for 8-10 minutes,alternating the flame from high to medium.Now add 1 cup of water and bring to boil.Add salt.Now add the eggs and boil for 4-5 minutes,also pour the gravy on top of the eggs.
- Turn to low flame and add cream and combine.Then add dried fenugreek leaves and garam masala and simmer for 5 minutes.Garnish with cilantro.Serve hot with chapathis/Naan/Rotis/Bread.