Mushrooms are a low calorie food,rich in Vitamin B…so nutritive!!I cook mushrooms atleast once a week…This is a dish I make quite often….I am still wondering as to why i didnt post till now!!! 🙂 We always get rains here…specially in the nights..and the days are usually scorching hot!Perfect for the growth of mushrooms in our Backyard..most commonly Abalone Mushrooms..the crisp,white,spongy kind with the rich buttery flavour with notes of pepper and a velvetty texture..perfect for stir fried cooking.
This is a stir fried dish,using coconut and it tastes absolutely soo perfect!I never miss a chance cooking this when we get mushrooms in our backyard!Here goes the recipe.
- Mushrooms – 15 – 20 nos(Chop).(I used abalone mushrooms.You can even use button/King mushrooms)
- Shallots – 6 ( sliced).
- Green chillies – 4-5(halved).
- Curry leaves- a fist full
- Coconut grated – 1 cup.
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp.
- Coconut oil.
- Crushed Black pepper – 1 tsp full.
- Mustard – 1tsp.
- Heat oil in a pan.Add mustards and wait until they crackle.
- Add Chopped mushrooms,shallots,green chillies,curry leaves,coconut grated,turmeric powder,salt and crushed balck pepper.
- Saute well and cook closed on low fire for about 10 – 15 minutes or until cooked.(without adding water).(DO NOT OVERCOOK)
- Serve hot with Rice or even chapathis and enjoy!!