With the onset of monsoons here in Brunei..the evenings are always very rainy.This automatically calls for something fried to accompany with the hot tea..It was on such a rainy evening,I decided to prepare a fried snack for my family,who are very fond of deep fried snacks 🙂 ..and I remembered the leftover Idli Batter in the fridge and I made these lovely bondas.They were sooo yummy and crispy..perfect with a cup of tea.So here I am sharing this simple recipe with you friends..Enjoy the monsoons with a hot Idli Batter Bonda!
- Idli Batter – 2 cups.
- All purpose Flour – 1/4 cup.
- Rice Flour – 2tbsp.
- Green Chillies – 2(Finely Chopped)
- Coriander leaves – a handful(Finely Chopped)
- Onion – 1 big(Finely chopped).
- Curry leaves – a few
- Oil For frying
- Combine all the above ingredients except Oil until there are no lumps.The resulting batter should be a little more thicker than Idli Batter.
- Heat oil in a pan and spoon in or drop spoon fulls of batter in a round headed spoon into the hot oil.Fry on both sides,turning until golden brown.
- Remove from oil,drain off the excess oil on a kitchen tissue and serve hot with chutney and Enjoy!!