This is one recipe I make very often for sunday break fast.I often have a stock of mashed potatoes in my refrigerator,Potatoes being my kiddos’s favourite vegetable.I have used Potatoes in this recipe because potatoes are a good base vegetable for any kind of sandwich.So after a long sleep,I wake up late .Making breakfast for me is hectic for me at that time.So I manage with this Sandwich,both healthy and satisfying.
I am not a Broccolli lover,infact I hate having greens in my food 🙂 But now being a mother of my 3 little ones,I have to be a role model for them..atleast in showing them that I eat greens 🙂 So I cooked up this recipe and it was very tasty!Try this out even if you are not a Broccoli fan and you will truly love it!
- Bread slices – 8
- Broccoli Florets – 1 medium sized(chopped finely)(Should come to around 1 cup)
- Boiled and mashed Potatoes – 1/2 cup.
- Butter – 3tbsp.
- Crushed Black pepper – 1tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cheese – 4 thin slices.
- Heat Butter in a pan,add Broccoli,Mashed potatoes,Crushed Black pepper and salt and saute well until brocolli is cooked(say about 10 to 15 minutes) and then keep aside.
- Take a slice of bread and spread a little of the above mixture evenly on one side.Place a slice of cheese on the top of this and cover with another slice and place it in a sandwich maker and cook for 2 minutes or as according to your sandwich maker instuctions.
- Once ready,transfer to serving plate and Enjoy!
- There is no need to butter the bread slice as butter is already added to saute the Broccoli and mashed potatoes.
- If you dont have a sandwich maker,you can make it in tawa too or in a griller too.
- If you dont have cheese slices,you can even use grated Cheddar Cheese.
Sending this to Haffa’s Back to School Lunch Ideas