This is a perfect recipe if you are looking for a no bake,easy peasy dessert recipe,that can be done in a jiffy!It is a perfect dessert for parties and celebrations!And it can be prepared a day ahead..no last moment sweat!
My hubbys friend started a biscuit company in Malaysia.They have got some really tasty biscuits.This time when he visited us,he brought 2 cartons of biscuits,sweetly remembering our kiddos.But little does he know that my kids are soo fussy when it comes to food.They like only chocolate biscuits/cookies…Die hard Chocoholics just like my hubby.And I didnt want to waste the biscuits our loving friend brought us.So I just googled and saw this recipe on the Internet by Dr.Lekshmi Nair.I fell in love with the recipe and didnt rest until I tried it out.I am not a coffee lover.Infact I hate coffee..But the coffee taste in this dessert is a cream on the cake!!I love it!!
I have added a few of the step by step pics..because this is such a perfect dessert..I dont want you to miss out anything,incase you dont understand my explanation 😉
So here goes the recipe.
P.S You will be finding a lot of recipes(Using biscuit),coming shortly!I still have a lota packets left 🙂
- Tea Biscuits – 40(According to the size of your loaf pan)
- Unsalted Butter – 200 gm
- Powdered Sugar-1/2 cup + 2tbsp
- Egg- 1
- Vanilla essence – 1 tbsp
- Cocoa powder – 1 tbsp.
- Instant Coffee powder – 2 tbsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 1/2 tbsp.
- Cashewnuts – 2 cup(grated)
- Boil 1 cup of water and add the instant coffee powder and Sugar and mix well and keep aside to cool.
- In a bowl,beat together,Butter and Sugar until creamy.
- Now add egg and beat well again.
- Now add cocoa powder and beat again.
- Now add Vanilla essence and beat once again and keep aside.
- Grease a loaf pan .
- Now dip the biscuit one at a time in coffee decoction and arrange it in the pan . It doesn’t matter, if the biscuits overlap.
- With a spatula, spread the butter + sugar +cocoa powder mixture over the biscuits evenly filling all the gaps and corners
- Then Spread the grated Cashew over it uniformly.
- Repeat with another layer of biscuits dipped in coffee decoction and top it with another layer of cream and then cashews.
- Continue layering biscuits, cream and cashewnuts alternatively until all the cream is over.( i got 2 layers).
- Cover it with cling wrap and refrigerate for setting.
- When ready,slice and serve with a scoop of ice cream or a spoon of whipped cream and Enjoy!
- If you want it soft, keep it in the refrigerator to set. If you prefer it a little hard,you can keep it in the freezer compartment of the refrigerator. Both tastes great!
- The pudding will melt if kept outside for a long time. So keep it in the refrigerator and take it out only when required.
- I served the pudding in the loaf pan itself.In case you want to lift the pudding from out of the pan and transfer the whole thing to another serving plate then line the pan with cling wrap/Film,leaving a little extra to the side so that it can be used to wrap the pan when you are going to keep it in the refrigerator for the setting process.