Sundays are lazy days,specially the mornings..But today being a sunday and unexpected guests coming over at 10 in the morning,and not much time,I decided to prepare Egg roast,ofcourse in the Kerala style..This truly stands apart and goes sooo well with Appam .Moreover it tastes simply delicious with Chapathis or even Bread!And its a true comfort food for me sometimes when I am too lazy to cook a side dish to Chapathis for dinner.The spice combination and the tanginess of the tomatoes plus the heat of the green chillies..its perfect!!Its a dish my mom usually prepare on Sundays with Appam after Church as its less time consuming.This recipe is from her delicious kitchen!
- Eggs – 3 (Hard boiled,peeled and make small slits length wise.
- Onion – 2 large (Sliced)
- Ginger Garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Green chillies 2(Halved)
- Tomato – 2 (Chopped finely)
- Kashmiri Chilli powder – 2 1/2 tsp.
- Coriander powder – 3/4 tsp
- Crushed Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 3/4 tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Heat oil in a pan,add Sliced onions and green chilies,curry leaves and saute for about 8 minutes and add ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell disappears.
- Now add the spice powders and salt and mix well.
- Then add the chopped tomatoes and saute till tomatoes are well cooked and mashed and oil seperates..Now move this mixture to one corner of the pan.Into that oil which seperates from the mixture,add the boiled eggs and gently fry on high heat,turning the eggs so that it gets lightly fried on all sides for about 2 minutes.
- Now add 1/4 cup of water and bring to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to serving plate and enjoy!