Chilli beef..todays delicious recipe brings a lot of sweet memories together with it.It reminds me of the initial years of our marraige.We lived in Chennai at that time.My hubby worked there.Those were days when I was a big zero in cooking..i mean totally blank..all I knew was to make a tea,Omlette and Instant noodles(ofcourse) and I was working too.So for food,we took refuge in the hotel food..We used to try different hotels everyday..one among them,I must mention was Nawab’s Biriyani shop,their Biriyani was on the top of the menu list,but it was usually available in the afternoons.But our favourite was Beef Chilli there.Parathas and Beef Chilli was our staple dinner food for the weekends.We never used to get tired of it.
Talking about Chennai,the metro I love,I am always fascinated by the speed in which the face of Chennai changes.Flyovers,buildings,roads etc come up in a jiffy and gets demolished and reconstructed in a jiffy.Another thing thats fascinated me is the face of the night in Chennai..After 6 in the evening,a zillion number of shops pops up from nowhere,serving all sorts of yummilicious dishes,North Indian ,Southindian,Chinese,Fast food what not!!Nawabs Biriyani shop is one among those shops.And Beef Chilli prepared there is one such dish!Its really a delight to watch how the cook plays about with beef and the sauces and the salt in the Wok,the way he throws and tosses the ingredients in the air and when its ready,he taps the wok with the big spoon..I can watch that for hours 🙂
Coming back to todays recipe,today my hubby called me up telling that one of his colleagues would be there for lunch..and my baby was cranky(Thats how he usually is on Monday,after a weekend).I had to prepare somthing really quick and I didnt think twice!I prepared Beef Chilli with Fried rice and everyone just loved it.Do try out this recipe and you will love it too!My guarantee!
- Beef – 1/2 kg(Cut into small pieces/strands)
- Crushed Pepper – 1 tsp.
- Soya sauce – 3 tbsp
- Chilli Sauce – 1 tbsp
- Tomato Sauce – 1 tbsp
- Ginger(Crushed Finely) – 1/2 tsp
- Garlic(Sliced Finely) – 1 1/2 tsp
- Onion – 2 big (Cubed)
- Green chillies – 3 Finely chopped
- Corn Flour – 1/2 tsp
- Beef Stock – 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Oil- 2 tbsp
- Ajinomotto – 1/4 tsp(I didnt use this)
- Water – 1 1/4 cup(For cooking beef initially)
- Vinegar – 1tsp
- Cook beef with water ,vinegar and salt until tender.
- Seperate the stock obtained and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan/wok,add Onion,Ginger,Garlic and green Chillies and saute until onion turns transparent.
- Add the cooked beef and saute well.
- Meanwhile mix the corn flour in the Beef Stock and keep aside.
- To the wok/pan ,add the three sauces mentioned above and mix well.
- Now add the Beef Stock(in which the corn flour is dissolved) to the wok/pan and mix well on high flame till the gravy gets thick and sticks to the beef.Beef Chilli is ready!
- Transfer to serving dishes and garnish with parsely leaves or spring onions.