Laziness is my biggest enemy..It doesnt allow me to do anything worthwhile..Sometimes I feel like reading a book..then I feel lazy and just sit for hours,just looking at the cover of the book..This was what usually happened a couple of years ago,before our lovely kids came into our life.But that laziness,led to a few worthwhile things..You didnt get me?I will explain..My laziness to cut/chop veggies for lunch,led me to cook up a few easy to do recipes.This was one among those few recipes- My version of Curried Omelette or Omelette curry!It is soo tasty..specially when the spongy omlette pieces gets soaked up in the coconut milk gravy..along with the tanginess of the tomatoes and heat from the green chillies!Simply irressistable.Do not miss it.Its a perfect dish!
- Eggs – 4
- Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Onion – 1 small(chopped finely)
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp.
- Crushed pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Salt as needed
For Curry –
- Onions – 2 big(Chopped)
- Tomatoes – 1 big(Cubed)
- Potatoes – 2(cubed)
- Green chilli – 1(halved)
- Garam masala – 1tsp
- Cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp.
- Salt to taste
- Coconut milk(thick)- 1/4 cup
- Water – 1 3/4 cup
- Oil -2tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – a few
Oil for making omelette- 1 tbsp
- Mix the coconut milk in water and keep aside.
- In a bowl,beat eggs and add all the ingredients under Omlette and combine well.
- In a pan,heat oil,add this mixture and allow to cook firm.
- Turn/Flip and cook the other side.(The omlette has to be thick consistency).Cut into small pieces and keep aside
- Now in a pan,heat oil,add Chopped onions and green chilli and saute well,then add tomato and saute till tomatoes are well cooked.
- Now add Garam masala,cumin seeds and coriander powder and saute well.Then add the cubed potatoes and mix well.
- Then add coconut milk-water mixture and salt and cook till potatoes are soft and well cooked.
- Now add the omlette pieces to the curry ,simmer for 2 minutes.Turn off the heat.
- In another pan,heat oil and add mustard seeds and wait till they crackle.Now add curry leaves pour this on the omlette gravy and allow to soak in the gravy for atleast 1/2 an hour before serving.
- Serve hot with Chapathis /Rice and Enjoy!