I think I am having a sweet tooth after I had a mochachino back at the Star Bucks Cafe..ever since I have been craving sweet,thinking sweet 🙂 and cooking sweet.This is one recipe I came across,when we went for a casual visit to my friends place.It was soo simple,yet delicious and the kids loved it.I got the recipe and tried it out that very night and here I am..its early morning and I am having this very creamy Icecream Pudding on an empty stomach 🙂 along with my son Ashmit,my sweet companion in mischief 🙂 and he says he loves it!!What more can you ask for!!
This pudding has not got a pudding kinda texture,its got a very creamy and fluffy texture.Though creamy,as in Ice cream,it doesnt taste fattening at all..I dont think its fattening too.Another add is that it doesnot contain gelatin among the ingredients.It is very easy and can be easily prepared with the easily available ingredients.So do try it out!Your kids will love it and So will you!!
- Milk – 1/2 litre
- Cornflour -3 tbsp
- Egg White – 4(of 4 eggs)
- Powdered Sugar – 1 cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- In a small bowl,mix the corn flour in a little milk and dissolve well(without lumps) and keep aside.
- In a pan,heat the rest of the milk and it just starts to boil,add the cornflour-milk mixture and keep on stirring till thick on medium to low flame.once thick,turn out the flame and allow to cool.
- Now in a big bowl,beat the egg whites with an electric beater,until fluffy.Then add the powdered sugar and beat again.
- Now add vanilla essence and the above prepared,cooled mixture and beat well until fluffy.
- Transfer to a serving dish(REMEMBER,THE DISH SHOULD BE A LITTLE WET IN THE INSIDE,with a few water drops here and there,NOT TOTALLY DRY).
- Now keep it in the refrigerator for 6 hours.
- After 6 hours,take out and decorate with Chocolate shavings/shreds and serve!!