Today I decided to surprise my kids with a yummy dessert after dinner and it was Vermicelli Kesari/Semiya Kesari.It is very easy to prepare,no advance preparations required.Dessert made out of vermicelli are quite easy.You can even check out myVermicelli Payasam/Vermicelli Kheer.My son used to like Jalebis alot during our visit to Kerala for holidays.We get Jalebis here in Brunei,but not the same taste as those we get back in India.This dessert has a taste almost similar to the Jalebis.You can serve it either hot or chilled.I prefer chilled.Sooo good!Everyone just loved it.Dont miss it.Do try it out!!
- Vermicelli – 2 cups
- Hot water – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Cardamom Powder(Elaichi powder) – 1/2 tsp
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Orange/Yellow Food colour – 1 pinch
- Heat the ghee in a pan and add the vermicelli to it and roast it a bit.
- Now add the hot water to it and stir gently until the vermicelli gets cooked.
- As soon as the water evaporates,add sugar and cardamom powder.Stir as the sugar dissolves.Now add the food colour and stir gently,over medium flame until the mixture starts leaving the sides of the pan and turns a little glossy.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with fried cashewnuts and Enjoy!!