Beef cutlets are a yummy and crunchy snack which can had both as an evening snack as well as an accompanient with rice or even Chapathis.I remember this as a regular dish when my Parents used to conduct those friends and family parties during my childhood day spent in Tanzania.I used love those alot!I used to have cutlets alone as the maincourse!!Then these remind me of the delicious aroma filling the air when I passed by the shops and small hotels in Tanzania,during the Iftar time in the Fasting period of muslims!Beef cutlets are a regular in my home.I make them atleast once a week.My kids just adore them.Do try them out in your home and see those satisfied smiles!Here goes the recipe.
- Beef – 1/2 kg(cut into cubes)
- Ginger Garlic paste – 3 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 3 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp.
- Crushed balck pepper – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 3tsp
- Onion – 1 small(chopped finely)
- Green chillies – 2 (chopped)
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig(chopped small)
- Potatoes – 1 big(boiled,skinned and mashed)
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp(Chopped)
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Oil for deep frying.
- Water to cook beef – about 1 1/2 cup
- Vinegar – 1tsp
- Egg – 2(Beaten in a bowl)
- Bread crumbs – 1 cup
- Pressure cook beef with chilli powder,coriander powder,turmeric powder,crushed pepper,vinegarand garam masala for 4 whistles or until tender and when the pressure releases,open the lid and heat till all the stock/gravy evaporates.Allow to cool.
- Mince this cooled beef in a food processor/mincer/grinder and keep aside.
- In a pan,heat 1 tbsp of oil,and add ginger garlic paste and onions and chopped curry leaves ,chopped coriander leaves and green chillies and saute well.
- Now add the minced beef and combine well.Then add the mashed potato and mix everything well and turn off the flame and allo to cool.
- Make the above mixture after cooled into small balls and using your palm,shape into cutlets.
- Dip the cutlets in egg batter and then roll in the breadcrumbs and deep fry.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce/mayonnaise and Enjoy!!
- The shaped cutlets can be stored in the freezer for a month. Bring it to room temp before frying.