The recipe of today is a simple breakfast muffin.Its very easy to prepare,quite filling and is a healthy muffin to munch on for breakfast.Its a Garlic-Parsley Mozzarella Muffin.As the name suggests,it contains Garlic,Parsley and Mozzarella as the main ingredients.In variation to the regular sweet muffins,this is a savoury muffin.Muffins have always been a hit in my family specially with my youngest 🙂 I remember how much he loved my Choco chip muffin .However, I didnt expect this muffin would be liked by him..But to my surprise he just loved it..I know that because he always dances when he eats something he loves(Psst..He is just 2 years old)…He is quite a fussy eater.So pleasing his taste buds is really a tough thing for me.But these savoury muffins really helped 🙂
This Garlic-Parsley Mozarella muffins goes perfect with a glass of milk and a few fruits.Perfect energy source to start up your day!Its very easy to make and extremely delicious and addictive!Try them out!
- All purpose Flour – 1 cup
- Garlic – 2-3 pearls(crushed)
- Parsley – 2 1/2 tbsp(Finely chopped)
- Mozzarella (Shredded) – 1/2 cup.
- Butter – 2 tbsp.
- Egg – 1
- Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Salt – 3/4 tsp.
- Milk – 1/2 cup.
- Oregano Flakes – 1/2 tsp(Optional,but I highly recommend)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F.
- Line the Muffin tray with cupcake liners.
- In a bowl,beat egg.
- In another big bowl, Combine Flour,garlic,oregano flakes, chopped parsley, baking powder,salt .
- Add shredded Mozzarella to this and mix well.
- Now take a medium sized bowl, add milk, melted butter,half of the beaten egg and beat well with a spoon.
- Add the egg mixture to the Flour mixture.Mix well.
- Spoon this mixture into the muffin pan(lined with cupcake liner),upto 2/3 .
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the top turns a light golden brown colour.
- Consume when hot/Warm and enjoy!
- You can use Parsley flakes instead of Freshly chopped Parsley.
Sending this to Haffa’s Back to school lunch Ideas