Whats Eid without a Biriyani?So today for my muslim friend’s pot luck party I decided to prepare Egg biriyani since I had already used up my chicken and prepared Tandoori Chicken (This too to be taken for todays party).This is a very easy but different version of Egg Biriyani.But very very addictive and super delicious.
After all the fasting,which Muslims believe is a time they pay for they sins to Allah,Ramzan/Eid is a festival for celebration,get togethers and Love.Whats more better than preparing a delicious Biriyani for your friends and family.Enjoy Egg biriyani and Wishing you all my Muslim friends out there a very Happy Eid!!
- Basmati Rice – 1 cup
- Ghee – 2 tbsp.
- Cinnamon – 3 1 inch pieces.
- Cardamom – 3 -4
- Cloves – 4
- Bay leaf – 1
- Star anise – 2
- Mint leaves – a few
- Water – 1 1/2 cup
- Thin Coconut milk – 1/2 cup
- Egg – 4 Hard Boiled +3 eggs,beaten and scrambled along with salt and pepper.
- Ghee – 2 tbsp(for masala)
- Ginger garlic paste – 3 tsp
- Mint leaves – 1 hand full
- Coriander leaves/Cilantro – 1 hand full
- Onion – 2 sliced
- Tomato – 1 big(Chopped finely)
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp.
- Coriander powder – 2 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 3 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Thick Coconut milk – 1 cup
- Fried Cashew nuts and Raisins for Garnish
- 1 pinch of saffron dissolved in 3 tbsp of milk
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Slice the Boiled eggs length wise,Sprinkle salt and a bit of corn flour and shallow fry in oil and keep aside.
- In a pressure cooker,heat 2 tbsp of ghee and add the whole spices and wait till it emits an aroma.
- Now add the mint leaves to it,saute for 5 seconds and add the rice,along with 1 1/2 cups of water+1/2 cup of Thin coconut milk and salt and pressure cook for 3 whistles.When pressure releases,fluff the rice gently with a fork and spread it on a tray and leave to cool.
- Grind together – coriander leaves + mint leaves + green chillies + ginger + garlic and keep aside
- Now in a pan,heat heat 2 tbsp of Ghee and add sliced onion,Cumin seeds,Fennel seeds,Ginger garlic paste, and the above ground paste and saute well.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes and saute till soft and well mashed.Then add Chilli powder,Coriander powder,Turmeric powder,Pepper powder,Garam masala powder and saute well.
- Now add the thick coconut milk and mix well on low flame.Add salt and keep on flame till gravy is thick.Turn off the flame.
- Grease a Biriyani pot and layer the bottom layer with rice.On the top ,spread the above prepared masala/gravy.On the top of this layer,spread the Sliced Eggs.On the top of the Sliced eggs,sprinkle the scrambled eggs uniformly.Again spread rice on top of this and repeat till all the rice is finished.
- Now on the top most layer,garnish with Fried Cashew nuts and raisins,Pour the saffron milk if needed uniformly in the top most layer and close the Biriyani pot with an aluminium foil and then place/close the Biriyani pot tightly with its lid.
- Heat a tawa and place the biriyani pot on it and dum it for about 20 minutes.then turn off the flame and leave it for half an hour on kitchen counter for the flavours to penetrate before serving.
- After that Serve hot with a Raita/salad,pickle and a Papad and Enjoy!