Hello there!Its been a while since I have posted anything 😦 since I have not been keeping well…due to continuously changing cclimate here..in Brunei.So it was during this time,one fine evening,we decide to dine out in a Chinese Restaurant..and we had this Chinese Style Chilli Fish.Ever since we had Chilli Fish at the restaurant,I have been dying to try it out at home,ofcourse with an Indian touch to it.And I tried it out today.It was very delicious,infact much more tastier than the Chilli Fish we had back at the restaurant.Very easy to cook and very tasty.Do check it out!
- Fish – 250 gms(I used king fish,you can use any fish of firm flesh).
- Corn Flour – 3 tbsp + 1 tsp
- Plain flour/Maida – 3 tbsp
- Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tsp +1 tsp.
- Black Pepper powder – 1 tsp.
- Capsicum – 1 (Cubed)
- Onion -1 (cubed)
- Soya sauce – 1 tbsp.
- Chilli sauce – 1tsp.
- Tomato Sauce – 1 tsp.
- Coriander leaves/Cilantro – 1 bunch(Chopped Fine,For garnish)
- In a bowl,make a thick batter of (3 tbsp cornflour + 3 tbsp of plain flour + 1 tsp ginger garlic paste + salt + pepper powder + water)
- Dip the fish pieces in this and shallow fry in oil until golden brown (Do not crowd the pan)
- Drain on kitchen towel and keep aside.
- In the same oil, add the onions and capsicum and saute.When the onions starts turning transparent, add the ginger garlic paste and saute.
- Turn heat to high and add the soya sauce, chilli sauce and tomato sauce.
- Mix well and reduce heat and add the fried fish pieces.
- Mix well and cook on low heat till the sauce cling on to the fish pieces. Meanwhile, mix the 1 tsp cornflour in 4 tbsp water without lumps. Add it to the fish mixture in the pan and cook until the sauce/gravy thickens and coats the fish
- Add chopped coriander leaves and remove from flame.
- Serve hot with fried rice and Enjoy!
Recipe Source: Edible Garden