Hello everybody…sorry for the long break!Life has been quite busy ,with me always running behind my 3 little ones.. getting practically zero time to myself and for my posts..I had made this delicious and very simple Tri Colour Omelette on 15th of August..lovingly remembering the Independence Day of My” India”!..
India ,the Land of Colours..the Land of Dreams,the Land of Festivals…the list is simply endless!India is such a place that can stun you not only by the richness of its land,but by its lush beauty and exotic architecture.. by its ability to overload your senses with the pure, concentrated intensity of its colors, smells, tastes, and sounds!Not to forget its rich Cultural heritage!Its the home of so many kinds of dishes..varying so much differently in its taste and ingredients from place to place!
Independence Day is a day when people in India pay homage to their leaders and those who fought for India’s freedom in the past. The period leading up to Independence Dayin the present India is a time when major government buildings are illuminated with strings of lights and the tricolor flutters from homes and other buildings. Broadcast, print and online media may have special contests, programs, and articles to promote the day. Movies about India’s freedom fighters are also shown on television.
The president delivers the ‘”Address to the Nation” on the eve of Independence Day. India’s prime minister unfurls India’s flag and holds a speech at the Red Fort in Old Delhi. Flag hoisting ceremonies and cultural programs are held in the state capitals and often involve many schools and organizations.
Many people spend the day with family members or close friends. They may eat a picnic in a park or private garden, go to a film or eat lunch or dinner at home or in a restaurant. Other people go kite flying or sing or listen to patriotic songs.
During my childhood in Tanzania,I clearly remember the Independence day celebrations!For me the one thing that comes into my mind ,when I think of the Independence day are the countless number of Balloons and kites that fill the sky on the Independence day Morning..signifying the Freedom..the Sweetest feeling of Freedom!
So coming to todays post…!This post has been in my draft from Aug 15th morning…however I couldnt post it 😦 So posting it now..Better late than never!!
- Eggs – 3
- Milk – 2 tbsp
- Grated Coconut – 1/4 cup.
- Grated Carrot – 1/4 cup
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese – 1/2 cup.
- Cilantro/Coriander leaves – a handful(Torn into bits)
- Salt to taste.
- Black pepper powder – 1 pinch.
- In a Bowl,beat the eggs,add a pinch of black pepper,milk and grated Coconut and salt and beat well again.
- Heat oil in a pan.Pour the egg mixture.Lower the flame.Now add grated carrots on the top most portion,Shredded Mozzarella cheese in the middle portion and Cilantro/Coriander leaves in the bottom portion to get the Tri Colour effect 😉 (REFER PICTURE).
- Close the pan with a lid and cook on low flame for at least 7-8 minutes .No need to turn/flip the omelette.
- Transfer to a serving plate and enjoy!
I strongly recommend grated coconut as it makes the omelette thick.
Linking this to Haffas Back to school Lunch Ideas