Kids are the light of our lives isnt it?I am sure if you are a parent or a loving aunt or uncle or even a teacher..you will agree with me totally!I have 3 kids and they mean the world to me.I see “Me” in them when ever they play,they eat specially their eating habits..in everything!So todays post is specially dedicated to kids..kids all through the world!
Always after the summer holidays here in brunei which lasts upto 3 -4 weeks..my kids are not very enthusiastic to go back to school.. 🙂 I know this is same story almost everywhere..ofcourse ! And If they go to school too…their lunch boxes remain untouched 😦 The only way out of my experience to chase away those kiddy blues is to be creative in their tiny lunch packs!Creative yet healthy and filling!Something that will give them energy to study and play!
We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today. ~Stacia Tauscher….So to make that “Someone Today” ,that lil he/she needs good food so that we can develop their taste buds for that “Tommorow”!Heres a very delicious Sausage Rice which is easy to prepare and soo tasty that your kids will bring back their lunch boxes empty!What more can make you happy!!Here goes the recipe for the “little you” 🙂
- Basmati Rice – 1 cup
- Chicken sausage – 3 numbers.
- Chicken Stock -2 cups
- Ginger -1 inch piece
- Garlic – 3 cloves
- Red Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Mint leaves – a few
- Coriander leaves/cilantro – a few
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Cloves – 2
- Cardamom – 3
- Cinnamon – 1(1 inch piece)
- Chop the sausages to thick slices.
- Grind the ginger,garlic,cilantro and mintleaves in a grinder into a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker .add thewhole spices and saute till the spices emit an aroma.Then add the above ground paste and saute till the raw smell disappears.
- Now add the chopped chicken sausages and saute well for a minute.Then add the Red chilli powder,Turmeric powder,Garam masala powder and saute well.Add the Chicken stock and salt to this and bring to a boil.
- Now add the rice and close the lid and cook for 3 whistles.
- When pressure releases,fluff the rice gently with a fork.Transfer to the Lunch boxes for your kids to Enjoy!
- Check the salt while adding the chicken stock because sometimes store bought stocks might be salted.so adjust accordingly!
Sending this to Haffa’s Back to School Lunch Ideas