Birthdays,Dinner parties,PotLuck,Get togethers…!There are so many reasons to celebrate life!And to make those celebrations complete,what more can be more suiting than a very yummy and delicious cake!?!So today my reason to celebrate was my little girl’s Birthday!So I made this Chocolate cake with a chocolate glaze as the icing!
Enjoy this super chocolatey,delicious and moist Chocolate cake to satisfy your chocolate cravings.This is very easy to bake and the aroma that fills the air..Its unexplainable!The Icing that I have given is a very simple glaze icing with the most easily available ingredients.And more over the glaze does not require butter or cream for its preparation!So what are you waiting for?
Go…!Make,Bake the delicious Chocolate Cake!
- Flour – 2 cups
- Sugar – 1 1/2 cups
- Cocoa powder – 3/4 cup.
- Baking soda – 1 1/2 tsp
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Salt -a pinch
- Milk – 1 cup
- Vegetable Oil – 1/2 cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Instant coffee powder – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Hot water – 1 cup
- Eggs – 2
- Powdered Sugar – 1 1/2 cup.
- Cocoa Powder – 4 tbsp.
- Salt – 1 pinch.
- Milk – 4-5 tbsp
- Vanilla Essence – 1tsp.
- Preheat oven to 350 Degree F. Grease and flour the cake pan.
- Add a tbsp of instant coffee powder to the hot water and keep aside.
- In a large bowl, sieve the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add the sugar and mix well with the dry ingredients.
- Make a well in the center and add the milk, oil, vanilla essence and beaten eggs and mix. Finally add the hot coffee mixture and mix. Do not over mix.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared cake pan and bake in the middle rack of the oven for 40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Start checking from 35 minutes onwards.
- Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack. Bring to room temperature. If the cake has a dome shape, use a serrated knife and slice the dome off and level the cake till it has a flat top.
- Sieve together Powdered Sugar,Cocoa Powder and Salt.
- Now to this add 4-5 tbsp of milk.(The consistency should be that of a thick one,pourable onto the cake)
- Whisk well using a wire whisk.Now add vanilla essence and again whisk well.
- Pour this onto the top of the cake so that it spreads uniformly(Gently shake the plate or the rack in which the cake is on gently for uniform spreading).
- Allow to set(untouched) for 30 minutes.Then decorate accordingly.(Refer picture)