This is one of my family’s very loved dish..except that paneer is not easily available here.But whenever it comes in the stores,I never miss a chance to make this dish.This is a commonly loved favourite among many..One of my dear friends,she asked me not to let out her name..so let me call her S 🙂 has been asking me the recipe of Paneer Butter Masala..So “S”..here it is..!I have kept my word!
One of my family members had a health problem that he had to avoid non veg dishes..So when ever we dined outside,he couldnt order any non veg dishes.Ever since,Paneer Butter Masala was our regular dish while dining out.We lovingly called it our “Butter Paneer” 😀
I learnt this dish from my punjabi neighbours..again I am thankful to them for that.I prepare this dish during the Lent season(Before Easter) too,when we avoid Non veg.Another of my favourite dish almos similar to this is Butter Chicken ,which you can go through in my Blog.
Do try out this very easy,restaurant style Paneer Butter Masala.
- Paneer/Cottage cheese – 250 gms(cubed or diced)
- Onions – 2( minced)
- Tomato-1( pureed)
- Tomato Sauce- 1tbsp
- Butter, ghee, or oil- 1 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Kashmiri Chilli powder – 1tsp.
- Coriander powder- 2tsp.
- Garam Masala – 1tsp.
- Kasuri methi / dried fenugreek leaves – 1 generous pinch
- milk- 1 1/2 cup
- Cream or pureed cashew paste (soak and grind cashew nuts)- 4 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves / cilantro – 1 bunch(For Garnishing)
- Heat the butter in a pan and add the minced onions. Saute till Golden brown.
- Add the gingergarlic paste, corianderpowder, chilli powder, turmericpowder, and salt. Saute till it emits an aroma.
- Now add the pureed tomato and tomato sauce and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the kasuri methi, milk, and the cubed Paneer/Cottage cheese. Cook covered for 3-4 mins until soft. Mix occasionally. Keep the flame low.
- When the paneer is cooked soft, open the lid .If the gravy is too thick, add some water at this stage.
- When done, add the garam masala and the cream or cashew paste.Mix well(take care not to boil).
- Check salt,add if needed, garnish with the coriander leaves, and put out the flame.
- Serve hot with naan or bread and Enjoy!!