I know there are many mango lovers out there!Aren’t you one?Well..I am one.And when Mangoes are not in season and a mango lover like me gets desperate..!This post is the result of that.I made these very simple,delightful and addictive Mango Laddoos,using tinned Mangoes.But you can use fresh mangoes too.They can be prepared in a jiffy.Give it a try dear friends!You will love them!
- Mango Puree – 1 cup.
- Freshly grated coconut – 2 1/8 cup.
- Condensed milk – 1/4 cup.
- Cardamom powder – 2 generous pinch.
- Cashewnuts,roasted in ghee and chopped into tiny bits – 1/8 cup.
Raisins – 1 for each laddoos
- Heat a pan on medium heat and roast the coconut until it turns dry,but not browned and the raw aroma disappears.
- To this add the mango puree and keep on stirring with a wooden spoon until the mixture is dry and the moisture starts to dry up.Now add the cardamom powder and combine well .
- Add the condensed milk and again stir until the mixture thickens and starts to leave the side of the pan. ( It should be able to form a dough on its own when mixed together, thats the consistency you should look for!)
- Add in the chopped cashewnuts at this stage and mix well and turn off the flame.
Make small balls/laddoos while the mixture is warm (not hot), but do not allow to cool.
- Press a raisin on the top and serve when cold and Enjoy!
- You can use dessicated coconut too,instead of the freshly grated coconut and can reduce the stirring 🙂 I didnt have dessicated coconut,so I used freshly grated coconut,roasted it a bit(not until browned) to get a dessicated coconut texture.