Homemade Jams..what can sound more comforting and Mouthwatering than this! In today’s world where everything you purchase is adulterated, making homemade jams with zero preservatives can be one among the best things you can contribute towards your family’s health.
Making jam at home is NO big deal at all..! Infact it is very easy and extremely tastier than the jams you avail from the stores. If you are a constant reader of my earlier posts, you might remember about what I had mentioned about the store bought Jams. They contain very less than 30 percentage fruit content. Buying fresh fruit and preparing jams..!Don’t they sound like a healthier option? So what are you waiting for? Buy fresh and Pink Guavas and prepare this healthy Pink Guava Jam!
- Pink Guavas – 2 cups chopped guavas (Cut off the skin and using a spoon, gently remove the seeds and then chop into tiny bits)
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Lime Juice – Juice of half a lime.
- Blend the chopped guavas in a Blender and Puree .
- Heat a pan.Add the guava puree, Sugar and the lime juice.
- Bring to a rolling boil for 15 to 20 minutes,constantly stirring. Now the Jam will turn into a deep pink/red colour.At this point,turn out the flame.
- Allow to cool.Then pour it into clean and dry bottles/jars.Enjoy!
- Use only ripe guavas.
- Deseed the guava and then only use.
- Use clean and dry spoons to spoon out the jam from Bottles/Containers to increase the shelf life.
- You can use the Guava jam, upto 5 days keeping in a cool dry place and upto 15 days in the refrigerator.
- You can use the jam as a glaze/Topping for Icing in cakes.
For more guava recipes you can go through