Today early morning, my friend called me over the phone, saying that she would be visiting me this morning at 9. And out of reflex or I don’t know what..I just told her that “Lets have breakfast together”…I don’t know what made me say that…Had I gone crazy? Because I had absolutely nothing in my kitchen shelf or my refrigerator, to make a decent breakfast. Not even a single slice of bread, as I had used them all for my kids’ snack for school. All I had was a couple of tomatoes and Onions smirking at me. Don’t tell me you are laughing?!?I don’t know..when my kids are off to school and hubby gone to office and my youngest boy still fast asleep, thats what I feel..I feel all things come alive around me..I literally end up talking to anything and absolutely everything around me..Do atleast some of you guys out there do that? I guess its a kind of security mode that develops in me when I feel I am all alone at home..!
So talking…yes…talking talking talking ,I happen to discover a lonely little Shell Pasta Packet lying at the corner of my shelf..Ah life saver..So I decide to whip up this easy Pasta recipe .You know..its really easy and filling…No additional chopping of vegetables required…you just have to chop a couple of tomatoes, one or two onions and a little garlic and you can quickly make this yummy breakfast/brunch. I have even served this as dinner when I feel too lazy after a long tough day.My family loves it. You will love it too!
- Pasta – 2 cups(I used shell pasta,you can use pasta of your choice)
- Onion – 1 small (chopped finely)
- Tomato sauce – 2 tbsp
- Pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Grated cheese – 1 tbsp
- Chilli flakes – 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Tomatoes – 1
- Onion – 1 small
- Garlic – 2 pearls
- In a big vessel, boil and cook the pasta with a little salt and a teaspoon of oil until done. Strain the water and keep the pasta aside.
- Grind the ingredients under ‘To grind’ and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan,add Onions and sauté for a minute. Now add the ground paste and sauté till the raw aroma disappears.
- Now add the chilli flakes, Pepper powder and Tomato sauce and sauté well.
- Add the cooked Pasta to it and mix gently till the pasta gets coated evenly with the sauce mixture. Add salt if required. Transfer to a serving plate and sprinkle cheese on top. Serve hot and Enjoy!
- I used Olive oil because its healthy and gives a good flavour when used in Pasta dishes. You can use any cooking oil of your choice.
- If you don’t have chilli flakes, you add grind 2 dried red chillies while grinding.
- The Pasta should be cooked perfectly, it should be soft but firm, otherwise in the end it will turn out all mashed up.
- While cooking the Pasta, I have suggested to add a tsp of oil. This is done so that the Pasta shells do not stick to each other while cooking.