Nowadays nights here are often very chilly due to heavy thunder showers with flashes of lightning..It will be sometimes totally hard to believe the sudden change of climate here because the day time it will be scorching hot and nights just the opposite.
So today , this chilly night, I come to you with a soup recipe. This infact is my very first time at trying soup. Usually what I do is I reach for a packet of readymade soup. But this time I decided to give it a go..!I decided to make homemade soup and results were really good. It was really tasty.
This is my recipe of Cream of Chicken Soup. I haven’t used any cream here though. But still it is quite rich and creamy.
- Chicken – 1 cup (shredded)
- Chicken stock – 2 cups.
- Oil /Butter – 1 tbsp.
- Onion – 1 (Very finely chopped)
- All purpose Flour – 3 tbsp
- Milk – 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Pepper powder – as needed
- Chopped Spring Onions to garnish.
- Take 350 gms of chicken pieces in a pressure cooker along with 1 ½ cups of water. Add salt and pepper and cook for 3 whistles.(You can even cook the chicken in a pan adding the water, salt and pepper and cook till the chicken is done).When done, seperate the chicken from the stock. Reserve the stock and shred the chicken to bite size pieces and keep aside.
- In a pan, heat oil/butter. Throw in the onions and sauté till transparent (If you are adding chopped vegetables, this is the time to add it and you can sauté it for 2 minutes).Now lower the flame/heat and add the All purpose Flour and mix well with a whisk. Now add the stock and mix well so that there are no lumps. Bring to a boil.
- Now add milk and combine. Add Pepper powder and salt(If needed).Simmer for a minute. Transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with chopped spring onions and serve hot and Enjoy!
- You can make the soup more nutritious by adding a few chopped vegetables like carrot and French beans.