Butter Chicken is one of the most popular Indian dishes liked by people from different countries alike.This is my family’s regular dining out dish!For me,I can have Butter chicken/Murgh Makhani,3 times a day,all days of the week!Butter Chicken is my all time favourite right from my childhood.I first tasted this at my Punjabi neighbour’s home.I still remember their home..it was a big house,a joint family consisting of the Father,Mother ,their 4 sons,their wives and their children.They always dined together outside their home,in the Backyard,where they had a huge Tandoor oven.Naans/Rotis were made in the Tandoor oven.I still recall..their home always smelled of Butter Chicken..such a heavenly Aroma..made my mouth water the minute I entered their home 🙂
I have tried Butter Chicken at home a zillion times.But never perfected until I got this recipe.This has got that authentic restaurant taste.My family just loved it…Its pure happiness isnt it if you can get that restaurant taste of Butter Chicken prepared right in your kitchen..!So dont miss it!Try it out and Enjoy!
- Boneless chicken-250 gms(cubed)
- Onions – 2( minced)
- Tomato-1( pureed)
- Tomato Sauce- 1tbsp
- Butter, ghee, or oil- 1 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Kashmiri Chilli powder – 1tsp.
- Coriander powder- 2tsp.
- Garam Masala – 1tsp.
- Kasuri methi / dried fenugreek leaves – 1 generous pinch
- milk- 1 1/2 cup
- Cream or pureed cashew paste (soak and grind cashew nuts)- 4 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves / cilantro – 1 bunch(For Garnishing)
- Heat the butter in a pan and add the minced onions. Saute till Golden brown.
- Add the gingergarlic paste, corianderpowder, chilli powder, turmericpowder, and salt. Saute till it emits an aroma.
- Now add the pureed tomato and tomato sauce and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the kasuri methi, milk, and the cubed chicken. Cook covered for 8-10 mins until the chicken is soft. Mix occasionally. Keep the flame low.
- When the chicken is cooked soft, open the lid and cook for a further minute or two. If the gravy is too thick, add some water at this stage.
- When done, add the garam masala or chicken masala and the cream or cashew paste.Mix well(take care not to boil).
- Check salt,add if needed, garnish with the coriander leaves, and put out the flame.
- Serve hot with naan or fried rice and Enjoy!!