Today I wish to share with you the recipe of a very popular Indo- Chinese dish , Gobi Manchurian or simply Cauliflower Manchurian. Cauliflower is not a favourite vegetable of many , but Gobi Manchurian surely will change your attitude towards this vegetable like it did to me 🙂 .Its so tasty. Crispy on the outside yet juicy in the inside. Gobi 65 is another such dish that can surely make you love cauliflower.Its so easy to make.When ever we have any function at our house,I make it a point to make Gobi Manchurian.Here goes the recipe.
- Cauliflower – 1 medium sized.
- Maida(All purpose Flour) – 2 tbsp.
- Corn Flour – 2tbsp.
- Baking Soda – 1 pinch.
- Onion – 2 (cubed)
- Garlic – 7-8 (Finely chopped)
- Spring Onion – 4 sprigs(chopped)
- Sweet Chilli Sauce – 1tbsp(You can substitute it with Chilli Tomato Sauce)
- Soy Sauce – 3 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste.
- Oil – as needed.
- Cut the Cauliflower(Gobi) into tiny florets.Wash it thoroughly and keep aside in a bowl.
- In a sauce pan,boil some water.Turn off the flame and pour this hot water onto the cauliflower florets allow to sit for 1 minute and drain the water away.
- Now in a bowl,mix Maida(all purpose flour),corn flour and baking soda and a touch of salt together.Add a little water and make into a smooth and uniform batter without any lumps,consistency thick enough to coat the florets.
- Heat oil to deep fry the florets in a pan.Now dip the florets into the batter and deep fry till crisp.Drain the excess oil on a kitchen towel and keep aside.Once you have finished deep frying all the florets,turn off the flame.
- Now heat 3tbsp of oil in a pan.Add chopped Garlic and give it a quick stir.Then add the white of the spring onions.Saute.Now add the cubed Onions and sauté till transparent and soft.
- Now add the pepper powder and stir.To this add the sauces and salt and mix well .
- Add the deep fried Cauliflower florets toss to mix uniformly.Lastly,add the green of the spring onion and mix gently and serve with Noodles or Chinese style Rice and Enjoy!
You can also add some cubed capsicum for extra flavour.
Hello everybody..I am back after quite a long break..by break i meant gap J and not break…Life keeps us so busy..we don’t get time…Recently to see one of my friend’s whatsapp status..It was like this..”Live life like it was your last day ever”..It touched me a great deal..I mean what if it was my last day..?Cant tell what happens next in the present day world..guys..am i sounding psychonic J..well here goes..today my post is of a snack..or you can use it as a starter too..I have made it either ways.Its Gobi 65 or Cauliflower 65..Its quite easy to make and very delicious.Check it out.
- Cauliflower – 1 medium
- Corn Flour – 6 tbsp.
- Yoghurt – 3 tbsp.
- Baking soda – 2 pinch.
- Kashmiri chilli powder – 1 ½ tsp.
- Water to form the batter
- Oil for deep frying.
- Curry leaves.
- Cut the Cauliflower into small florets and keep in a bowl.Boil some water in another sauce pan.Pour this hot boiling water into the bowl containing the cauliflower florets.Let it sit for 1 minute.Then drain away all the water and keep aside.
- Now in another bowl,combine cornflour,yoghurt,baking soda,Kashmiri chilli powder and salt and a little water to form a batter.The batter should not be very loose and should not be very thick either.Just medium consistency.
- Now heat oil to deep fry in a pan.Dip and deep fry the florets until golden brown and crisp in medium flame.Add a sprig of curry leaves while frying each batch.It imparts a beautiful aroma to the florets.Drain on a kitchen tissue and serve hot with a cup of tea and Enjoy!