how to make aamras
Todays is a very simple but extreeeeeeemly delicious post…its “THE AAMRAS”…I am a mango lover…And I totally love aamras.I can eat it 3 times a day.. 🙂 forever 🙂 I came to know about Aamras from my mother in law…from her stories as a young bride,newly married in Mumbai…and their Maharashtrian friends,dinner evenings,and travels..her stories are endless..It is she who gave me the recipe of this “mango heaven”.
Aamras as the name suggets is nothing but mango juice..Aam being mango and Ras meaning Juice..Basically its nothing but Mango pulp..or may be Mango nectar.Alphonso mangoes are perfect for making aamras..though you can also use just any variety..the only things is that the Mango variety should not be the fibrous kind.I make this extensively during the Mango season with Pooris and even Rotis.You can even have it as a dessert after a meal.I like my aamras cardamom flavoured..because I just love the flowery scent of cardamom with Mangoes.You can also use dry ginger powder instead of cardamom according to your preference.
- Mangoes – 2 large(preferably alphonso)
- Cardamom powder – 1 /2 tsp/Or you can use dry ginger powder -1/4 tsp
- Sugar if needed(I didnt use since the mangoes were very sweet)
- Milk – 1/4 – 1/2 cup(as needed)
- Clean/wash the mangoes.Peel and chop them and add them into a blender.
- Then add powdered cardamom,sugar(if needed),milk and blend into smooth puree.
- Transfer to small bowls and refrigerate.
- Serve with hot pooris/chapathis and Enjoy!!!