Today I loved the climate outdoors..Sunshine and Rain…both together..hand in hand..in harmony.It reminds me of myself and my husband..He loves rain.Me on the other hand love sunshine.So today is a perfect day for both of us and it happened to be the weekend.So I decided to make it extra special by making Chicken Cutlets this evening.This is super easy and a regular in our family.Check it out!
- Chicken (boneless pieces)– 1/2 kg
- Ginger Garlic paste – 3 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 3 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp.
- Crushed black pepper – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 3tsp
- Onion – 1 small(chopped finely)
- Green chillies – 2 (chopped)
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig(chopped small)
- Potatoes – 1 big(boiled,skinned and mashed)
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp(Chopped)
- Mint leaves – 1 tbsp(Chopped)
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Oil for deep frying.
- Water – 1/2 cup to cook the chicken
- Egg – 2(Beaten in a bowl)
- Bread crumbs – 1 cup(I didnt use)
- Pressure cook chicken with chilli powder,coriander powder,turmeric powder,crushed pepper and garam masala for 3 whistles and when the pressure releases,open the lid and heat till all the stock/gravy evaporates.Allow to cool.
- Mince this cooled cooked chicken in a food processor/mincer/grinder and keep aside.
- In a pan,heat 1 tbsp of oil,and add ginger garlic paste and onions and chopped curry leaves ,chopped coriander leaves,chopped mint leaves and green chillies and saute well.
- Now add the minced chicken and combine well.Then add the mashed potato and mix everything well .Add salt if needed and turn off the flame and allow to cool.
- Make the above mixture after cooled into small balls and using your palm,shape into cutlets.
- Dip the cutlets in egg batter and then roll in the breadcrumbs and deep fry.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce/mayonnaise and Enjoy!!
- The shaped cutlets can be stored in the freezer for a month. Bring it to room temp before frying.