non veg recipes
Hello there!Its been a while since I have posted anything 😦 since I have not been keeping well…due to continuously changing cclimate here..in Brunei.So it was during this time,one fine evening,we decide to dine out in a Chinese Restaurant..and we had this Chinese Style Chilli Fish.Ever since we had Chilli Fish at the restaurant,I have been dying to try it out at home,ofcourse with an Indian touch to it.And I tried it out today.It was very delicious,infact much more tastier than the Chilli Fish we had back at the restaurant.Very easy to cook and very tasty.Do check it out!
- Fish – 250 gms(I used king fish,you can use any fish of firm flesh).
- Corn Flour – 3 tbsp + 1 tsp
- Plain flour/Maida – 3 tbsp
- Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tsp +1 tsp.
- Black Pepper powder – 1 tsp.
- Capsicum – 1 (Cubed)
- Onion -1 (cubed)
- Soya sauce – 1 tbsp.
- Chilli sauce – 1tsp.
- Tomato Sauce – 1 tsp.
- Coriander leaves/Cilantro – 1 bunch(Chopped Fine,For garnish)
- In a bowl,make a thick batter of (3 tbsp cornflour + 3 tbsp of plain flour + 1 tsp ginger garlic paste + salt + pepper powder + water)
- Dip the fish pieces in this and shallow fry in oil until golden brown (Do not crowd the pan)
- Drain on kitchen towel and keep aside.
- In the same oil, add the onions and capsicum and saute.When the onions starts turning transparent, add the ginger garlic paste and saute.
- Turn heat to high and add the soya sauce, chilli sauce and tomato sauce.
- Mix well and reduce heat and add the fried fish pieces.
- Mix well and cook on low heat till the sauce cling on to the fish pieces. Meanwhile, mix the 1 tsp cornflour in 4 tbsp water without lumps. Add it to the fish mixture in the pan and cook until the sauce/gravy thickens and coats the fish
- Add chopped coriander leaves and remove from flame.
- Serve hot with fried rice and Enjoy!
Recipe Source: Edible Garden
Butter Chicken is one of the most popular Indian dishes liked by people from different countries alike.This is my family’s regular dining out dish!For me,I can have Butter chicken/Murgh Makhani,3 times a day,all days of the week!Butter Chicken is my all time favourite right from my childhood.I first tasted this at my Punjabi neighbour’s home.I still remember their home..it was a big house,a joint family consisting of the Father,Mother ,their 4 sons,their wives and their children.They always dined together outside their home,in the Backyard,where they had a huge Tandoor oven.Naans/Rotis were made in the Tandoor oven.I still recall..their home always smelled of Butter Chicken..such a heavenly Aroma..made my mouth water the minute I entered their home 🙂
I have tried Butter Chicken at home a zillion times.But never perfected until I got this recipe.This has got that authentic restaurant taste.My family just loved it…Its pure happiness isnt it if you can get that restaurant taste of Butter Chicken prepared right in your kitchen..!So dont miss it!Try it out and Enjoy!
- Boneless chicken-250 gms(cubed)
- Onions – 2( minced)
- Tomato-1( pureed)
- Tomato Sauce- 1tbsp
- Butter, ghee, or oil- 1 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Kashmiri Chilli powder – 1tsp.
- Coriander powder- 2tsp.
- Garam Masala – 1tsp.
- Kasuri methi / dried fenugreek leaves – 1 generous pinch
- milk- 1 1/2 cup
- Cream or pureed cashew paste (soak and grind cashew nuts)- 4 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves / cilantro – 1 bunch(For Garnishing)
- Heat the butter in a pan and add the minced onions. Saute till Golden brown.
- Add the gingergarlic paste, corianderpowder, chilli powder, turmericpowder, and salt. Saute till it emits an aroma.
- Now add the pureed tomato and tomato sauce and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the kasuri methi, milk, and the cubed chicken. Cook covered for 8-10 mins until the chicken is soft. Mix occasionally. Keep the flame low.
- When the chicken is cooked soft, open the lid and cook for a further minute or two. If the gravy is too thick, add some water at this stage.
- When done, add the garam masala or chicken masala and the cream or cashew paste.Mix well(take care not to boil).
- Check salt,add if needed, garnish with the coriander leaves, and put out the flame.
- Serve hot with naan or fried rice and Enjoy!!
- Beef – 1 1/2 kg(Cut into cubes)
- Potatoes – 1 cup(skinned and cubed)
- Carrots – 1/4 cups(Skinned and Cubed)
- Beans – cut into 1 inch pieces
- Ginger – A small piece(Crushed)
- Garlic – 4 pearls(Crushed)
- Onion – 1 Big(sliced finely)
- Vinegar – 1 1/2 tsp.
- Green chilli – 2 (halved)
- Coriander powder – 2 tbsps
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp.
- Crushed black pepper – 1 1/2 tsp
- Thin Coconut milk – 3 cups.
- Thick Coconut milk – 3/4 cup
- Salt to taste
- Garam Masala – 2tbsp
- Coconut oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard – 1 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – a handfull
- In a pressure cooker,cook beef,potatoes,carrots,Beans,Ginger,Garlic,Onion,Vinegar,Green chillies,Coriander powder,Turmeric Powder,Crushed black pepper,thin Coconut milk,garam masala and salt for 6 whistles or until beef is tender.
- After the pressure releases,open the lid and mix well with a spoon and on low flame,add the thick coconut milk.Add salt again if needed and keep on low flame for 2-3 minutes.Turn off and keep aside.
- Now in a pan,heat oil,splutter mustard seeds,then add curry leaves,then turn off the flame and pour it into the beef gravy in the pressure cooker.Mix well.Beef stew is ready.
- Transfer into a serving dish and serve with Appam/Chapathis/Bread and Enjoy !!