Hello everybody! I am back again with a simple yet very delicious rice dish. This recipe shows you the best way to deal with left over rice. Actually, I have never used it with left over Rice.I have cooked rice specifically to make this cabbage fried rice. Because my family just love this dish.And I have made it like a zillion times. This is one best way you can sneak cabbage into your little one’s diet though this dish. And you can prepare it in a jiffy, there is no advanced preparations..nothing!
This Rice has some great asian flavours. It is so flavourful. Seriously you wont realise that you are eating cabbage! I always rack my brains thinking of ideas to add variety to the menu of my family. Like yesterday it would have been totally traditional…like Rice with Pineapple Pulisseri and Kerala Naadan Fish Fry ; Today it will be this very flavourful Indo Chinese Cabbage Fried rice with Gobi Manchurian or Chilli Beef .After all we all love changes in life don’t we?This Cabbage Rice will surely bring that change to your menu!And it is an ultimate comfort dish.
Here goes the recipe.
- Cooked Basmati Rice – 2 cups.
- Oil – 3 tbsp.
- Onion – 1 small(Chopped finely)
- Ginger crushed – 1 tbsp
- Garlic crushed – 1tbsp.
- Cabbage – 1 small(Sliced Finely)
- Freshly ground Black Pepper– 1 heaped tsp.
- Salt to taste.
- Soy sauce – 2 tbsp.
- Sesame oil – 1 tsp(optional)
- Heat oil in a pan and add the crushed ginger and Garlic and sauté for 1 minute.Now add the chopped Onion and sauté well till light brown.
- Add the freshly ground black pepper to this and sauté well.Now add the Finely sliced cabbage and salt and sauté well and keep the pan covered on low flame until the cabbage is cooked(for about 4 minutes).
- Once you find that the cabbage is cooked, add soy sauce and sesame oil and turn the flame to medium. Add the cooked Rice and gently combine well. Add salt if needed. Turn off the flame. Transfer to a serving plate and serve !
Curd Rice/Thayir Sadam is one of the most popular and Most loved dishes of Tamil Nadu.In most of the homes in Tamil Nadu,its a practice to eat Curd Rice at the end of lunch or Dinner to ease the effect of spicy main dishes.It is also said to aid in digestion..Its a totally easy to prepare,comfort dish!Do try out the Delicious and Mouthwatering Thayir Sadam!
- Rice – 1/2 cup(Uncooked)
- Water – 1 1/2 cup.
- Warm Milk – 1 cup.
- Yoghurt/curd – 1 cup.
- Salt to taste.
- Oil – 1 1/2 tsp.
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida- 1/4 tsp
- Green chillies – 1(Sliced)
- Curry leaves – a few.
- Pressure cook the rice with 1 1/2 cups of water.When Done,mash the rice well with Back of a wooden spoon.
- When this is warm,add warm milk and again mash well.
- Now add yoghurt to this mixture and mix well with out Lumps.Now add salt to taste and keep aside.
- In a pan ,heat oil and add mustard seed and when they splutter,add Green chilli,Curry leaves and lastly asafoetida.Turn off the flame and pour this on to the Curd Rice.Transfer to Serving dish and serve with Pickles and enjoy!
Adding pomegranate seeds as shown in the photos is a serving suggestion 🙂