Todays post is that of a Kerala style Kappa Masala or Tapioca masala…Kappa or Tapioca is easily available in kerala..In variation to Kappa Vevichathu,this is a dish which does not require any side dish!This is a perfect dish that can had as a delicious snack to satisfy your hunger in the evenings with tea or it can be had as a filling breakfast dish as well!It will leave you happy and filled and it is quite easy to prepare!Check it out!
- Tapioca/Kappa – 1 cup(Cubed)
- Garlic – 2 cloves(Crushed with skin on)
- Dry Red chillies – 2(Teared into 2)
- Coconut oil – 3 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – a sprig(torn)
- Split Kadala parippu/Split Bengal gram dal – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Water enough to cook the tapioca.
- Salt to taste.
- Lime Juice – 3 tsp
- Was the Tapioca thoroughly,peel and cube it.
- Cook the Tapioca with sufficient water and salt until soft and drain the water and keep it aside.
- In a pestle and Mortar,crush the Garlic and Red chillies.
- In a pan,heat oil,add Mustard seeds.When they splutter, add the split Bengal gram dal, Crushed Garlic and Red chillies,along with turmeric powder and saute for till it emits an aroma.
- Now add the cooked Tapioca and mix gently so that the Tapioca gets coated evenly with the masala.Sprinkle lime juice and mix well.Add salt if required.
- Transfer to a serving dish and Enjoy!