Curd Rice/Thayir Sadam is one of the most popular and Most loved dishes of Tamil Nadu.In most of the homes in Tamil Nadu,its a practice to eat Curd Rice at the end of lunch or Dinner to ease the effect of spicy main dishes.It is also said to aid in digestion..Its a totally easy to prepare,comfort dish!Do try out the Delicious and Mouthwatering Thayir Sadam!
- Rice – 1/2 cup(Uncooked)
- Water – 1 1/2 cup.
- Warm Milk – 1 cup.
- Yoghurt/curd – 1 cup.
- Salt to taste.
- Oil – 1 1/2 tsp.
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida- 1/4 tsp
- Green chillies – 1(Sliced)
- Curry leaves – a few.
- Pressure cook the rice with 1 1/2 cups of water.When Done,mash the rice well with Back of a wooden spoon.
- When this is warm,add warm milk and again mash well.
- Now add yoghurt to this mixture and mix well with out Lumps.Now add salt to taste and keep aside.
- In a pan ,heat oil and add mustard seed and when they splutter,add Green chilli,Curry leaves and lastly asafoetida.Turn off the flame and pour this on to the Curd Rice.Transfer to Serving dish and serve with Pickles and enjoy!
Adding pomegranate seeds as shown in the photos is a serving suggestion 🙂